Sub Divisional Magistrate

Registration/Renewal/Transfer etc.Of Vehicles.

All vehicles of “Personal use” are registered in this office. Transport vehicles i.e. those used for hire or reward are registered in the office of Secretary, R.T.A. The vehicles should be got registered with in a period of seven days from the date of purchase. The application (Form No.20) duly filled and signed should be accompanied by the following documents:-

  1. Form No.21 (Sale Certificate).
  2. Form No.22 (Initial certificate of fitness).
  3. Invoice (Bill issued by the dealer).
  4. Copy of insurance receipt.
  5. Form No.60 (Declaration for Income Tax purposes) It is required where the amount of bill is above Rs.50000/-.
  6. Proof of residence such as attested copy of voter list, Photo Identity card, Ration Card, Electricity/Telephone bill, LIC policy, Passport, Pay slip, House Tax receipt etc.

The vehicles are required to produce the District Inspector of Police, Sonipat for inspection before submitting the documents in the office of S.D.M. Vehicles are registered for 15 years and lumpsum tax is charged at the time of registration.

Late registration fee : Rs.100/- per year (for all type of vehicles)
For transfer, following documents are required to be submitted :-

  1. Form 29 & 30.
  2. Original R.C.
  3. Copy of Insurance.
  4. O.C.
  5. Affidavit of seller.

For obtaining N.O.C., the following documents are required:-

  1. Form No.28.
  2. Copy of R.C.
  3. Report of S.H.O. of Police station where the owner of the vehicle resides.

Grant Of Driving Licenses

Applicant must be above 18 years of age. Learner license is issued in the first instance. Persons of the age above 16 years are eligible for license of Moped only. An application for learner license should be submitted in form 2 along with the following:-

  1. Declaration of physical fitness in Form-1.
  2. Two passport size photographs.
  3. Proof of residence.
  4. Proof of age such as Matriculation certificate, Birth certificate etc.

There is no need of driving test by the District Inspector of Police for learner license and for Medical Test. Persons of the age above 50 years only should get the Medical done in Civil Hospital.

Pucca Driving License

After at least 42 days of grant of learner license, one can apply for pucca license in Form No. 4. After appearing for driving test before District Inspector of Police, the application form along with original learner license should be submitted in the office of S.D.M. There is no need for photographs for Pucca License, as photograph of the applicant is taken by the Computerized System.

Renewal Of Arms License

Application for renewal of license should be submitted before the expiry of license along with the following:-

  1. The “No objection” of the S.H.O. of the police station where the licensee resides.
  2. An affidavit regarding good conduct & proper use of license.